Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Totaaally Jobless

It is now official. I am completely jobless. I have been refreshing my orkut screen every 5 minutes, sending arbit messages to people on gtalk and even blogging regularly. So jobless, that I actually tried to help mom in the household chores for the first time in a long, long time. Now there is a reason I stay away from doing the chores of the house. It is just that mom interprets any attempt of mine to help her out as an attempt to soften her up before delivering a devastating "Remember that crystal vase, mom. Now you just have the crystals" level blow. No amount of protesting the honesty of my intentions helped and I found myself in front of the idiot box again. CAS means that I only get to watch Tam and Gult mega serials at any point. There is only so much of "I will burn your daughter and feed her ashes to the street mongrel" level dialogue and melodrama that one can take in a day. That meant me staring blindly at the lappie screen. Tried chatting with Daga and Hil and it turned out they were even more bored than I was. I finally settled down to read up some stuff and lost myself for about 3 hours. Chatted again with Hil for sometime and now ready to hit the sack at 12:00 am. Doing this on campus would have been unthinkable.

p.s. - Been listening to "Badal Pe Paon Hain" from Chak De on a loop for the past 5 hours. No idea why I have been doing this, but I now am beginning to understand how kitten felt about the "vampire" song.... but that's another story for another time.

No comments: