Sunday, April 03, 2005

Operation "Delete"

Back after a long time. Its been pretty hectic at workplace. Read somewhere that true friends are those who survive from one address book to another. Thought nothing much of it at that time... discovered how true it was yesterday. As I searched for a particular number on my mobile, I was struck by the number of contact numbers I had accumulated.... everything from the number of my dentist to that of my pretty former colleague with whom i always intended to stay in touch, only that it remained an intention..... this set off - Operation "Deletion". The criterion I set for retention of the number were -

1) Did I really want to keep in touch with the person ? (that sent the number of my former colleague into oblivion)
2) Would the number be useful in the near/medium term ?

End of the day, I discovered that I had got rid of nearly 95% of the phone numbers, with the remaining 5% being evenly divided between criteria 1 and 2.

Guess, it does reflect something about me, just that I dont know what it means .... or may be I dont want to know !?!

No comments: