Sunday, October 07, 2007

1447 and going strong...

It never ceases to amaze me that there exist people on this planet who actually read my blog. The rare combination of poor writing skills and pedestrian creativity that is me, was supposed to ensure that no one dared to trespass this part of cyberspace. But guess what? 1447 unsuspecting innocents actually have gone through my blog as of date. That translates to approximately 1.1 readers per day. Phew! ... JK Rowling, here I come.
What intrigued me was why did they visit my blog in the first place? I mean sometimes, even I cannot bear to read some of my ramblings. So, what was it that drove that these poor moths to beacon light that is my blog...
Findings are as follows -
  1. Arbit junta who happen to visit my Orkut page
  2. People pursuing their yem bee yay dreams and browsing PG. My blog address is part of my signature. Me however thinks, the hits are more a result of me having Asin as my avatar pic than any genuine academic interest
  3. People who happen to visit kviv's blog. The kid living couple of rooms down actually maintains a blog and had put up my link on his page. People visiting his blog usually end up visiting mine for no good reason
  4. Now comes the interesting bit. People who googled for the following landed up on my blog -

"proud to be a beancounter" - Australia

"bangalore flat kata blog" - India

"BT Acumen questions" - India

"people visiting chennai once never return" - India

"definition of sambar sadam" - United States

"beanstalk,chennai" - australia

"crowded bus chennai" - India

"opiate pagalguy" - USA

Pretty interesting mix, I must say. The "bangalore flat kata blog" bit beats me though. Ciao, for now

2 comments:

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

Gud one.. me 2 one among those 14 hundred odd!!!

Anonymous said...

I give birth to be familiar with a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement page roster and disposition be checking stand behind soon. Divert check out of order my position as highly and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.