Sunday, April 16, 2006

I am a PGP1 now

“Made it to the base camp. Climb to the summit starts…and then the summits after that…” These precisely were my thoughts when I sat staring at –

Status of application to PGP 2006-08 at IIM BangaloreCongratulations! You have been selected for the PGP 2006-08 at IIM Bangalore. The official offer letter is being despatched. Please contact the IIMB admission office in case you do not receive the offer letter by April 18, 2006. To secure your seat you are required to do the needful as per instructions in the offer letter by May 8, 2006.”

7 months of single-minded pursuit resulted in this and what was it I felt? A feeling of relief at having crossed the first hurdle and possibly the easiest one at that.

The last few days have been excruciating to say the least … F5-ing and spamming PG…. ignoring the mounting pile of high priority stuff on my desk…. hoping that I convert at least 1 call…. getting rude with all and sundry. Honestly, never has any exam result had this kind of an impact on me.

Speculation as to the D Day was mercifully laid to rest by the IIMA director who named 13th as the date on which all IIMs would come out with their final lists. C was the first off the block with results coming out on 12:01AM. A large number of PGs had made it. Sent a couple of congo PMs and went to sleep. The rest of the results started trickling in around 10:00AM and so did the disappointments. Both A and B danged me. While A’s reject was clear enough….B’s reject was rather cryptic – “Data entered does not match with records”. Shaken, I waited for K, which came around 13:00PM. Phew, I was through. I had made it to an IIM … finally. True, it was not the one I would have preferred…. But hey! Things could have turned out much worse. Opiate msged me about something being wrong in B’s results but I didn’t bother to check. Next day … the day after the storm … checked my mail…and saw a mail asking me to join the Y! group for the IIMB PGP Class of 2008. Surely, there was a mistake…. Me … PGP Class of 2008 … Bah … My data did not match with their records!! But then hope floats … so logged into B’s website and keyed in my details … Got the msg which I have pasted in the beginning of this blog. Spoke with the admissions office and the seniors to confirm the news the next day.

So, Its now official … I am now headed to B to pursue the PGDM course. It’s been quite a ride and it’s nice to taste success at the end of it all.


Relaxing and girding myself up for the experience that is B School!

More gyan later …

4 comments:

Nabila Jamshed said...

Congrats PGP1... Read my blog too. http://www.nabila-theworld.blogspot.com

Thatha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thatha said...

Hi Nabila,
Thanks a lot. Did visit ur blog, Interesting read. Will continue visiting in future.

Satya Dirisala said...

hmmm..reading ur blog..A belated congrats from me...As i read your "made it to B" now only